The Ballet Arts Youth Ensemble, affectionately known as “BAYE,” is a group of dedicated dancers who want to broaden their dance horizons and gain pre-professional and performance experience under the leadership of BAYE Director, Julie Marie Muskat. These young dancers work together in classes and rehearsals to prepare for multiple performances throughout the year, from their extra roles in The Nutcracker, to the BAYE Concert each spring, and gain valuable experience that can help to launch them towards a professional career in dance if they so choose.
BAYE members have many extra opportunities outside of normal technique classes. The main benefits are tuition-free class time, the opportunity to be part of a group which provides foundational pre-professional dance experiences, and the chance to form friendships with other dancers who have similar goals.
- Dancers must be 11-18 years old
- Dancers must regularly attend all BAYE company classes and rehearsals
- Dancers must have good attendance in their other technique classes
- Dancers must be invited by the BAYE Director, Julie Marie Muskat. Invitations for the 2019-2020 Season were sent the week of May 6, 2019.
- The Nutcracker and Spring Ballet
- BAYE Concert
- Cathedral Dance Festival
BAYE Members attend the Festival, taking classes from guest artists and presenting choreography for adjudication, including works choreographed by fellow BAYE members
- Edina Art Fair, Golden Valley Art Festival, and Dances at the Lakes
BAYE represents ABAA at these community events
- Student Choreography Showcase
BAYE Members choreograph and perform in this in-studio showcase
Becoming a Member
If you are interested in BAYE membership, we recommend that you contact the BAYE Director, Julie Marie Muskat: email@example.com.
Membership is by invitation only. Invitations for the 2020-2021 Season have been sent.